Hello lovelies, how are you guys? I hope everyone is filled with lively spirit!
It is Friday again or should I say Friyay ^^ I always feel yay-ing on Fridays because it is a moment where I can sit down, pick a book and kind of relax after a week of work. In today’s #pickabookFriday post, I will be talking about another Mitch Albom’s gem:
Tuesdays with Morrie
The story is told from the author’s perspective based on his life experience and his encounter with Morrie Schwartz, his University professor who is ill from Lou Gehrig’s Disease. The author is intrigued by his professor’s attitude towards death and his life lessons leading to a weekly meeting on Tuesday. This story takes its time to unfold yet leaves the reader wanting more. It is such a page turner this one.
In this story, you will see a lot of focus on character development for both the author and his professor, Morrie. With every page you get to know Morrie a little bit better and connect to this personality and I feel that is a beautiful thing a book could give the reader. Tuesdays With Morrie is a story that will help to remind us to stop and remember what is important in life because tomorrow might never come.
Some beautiful takeaway from this book:
- Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love,and to let it come in.
- Forgive yourself before you die. Then forgive others.
- Death ends a life, not a relationship.
- Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.
- Love wins. Love always wins.
I think we can all learn something from a good book and I hope this book will enrich you in one way or another.
Have a great weekend guys!