After browsing through many online recipes, one that caught my attention the most was definitely the one related to Oreo. Once again I ended up on Laurainthekitchen.com, seriously guys she is good at what she does. It might not be the whole clean eating trend that’s going on and gaining so much popularity amongst the new age beings, her food are simply lips smacking good.
The recipe is easy to follow and there’s always a YouTube accompaniment if anyone wants to see how it’s all done. It’s brilliant.
Making this sinful beauty didn’t come easy. The first attempt went down the hill due to the wrong pudding but it created a lively atmosphere at home. Well we all learn something new everyday and we just have to keep on learning.
The moment the milk and vanilla pudding mixture started to boil, I knew it was right. You can just feel it thickening and it was quite satisfying. Once it thickened, mix with the chocolate chip and pop it in the fridge. The trick is to really let the chocolate, milk and pudding mixture cool down and set in the fridge for couple of hours. Trust me it does make all the difference. Once you feel you are good to go to serve, all you need is a cup or any serving dish and layer the mixture, whipping cream and crushed Oreo cookies.
This dessert will definitely make any guest happy because Mr T certainly approved and said it was tasty. Good to keep little ones at home satisfied or just treating yourself with some love…this parfait could do it all.
Man writing this makes me salivate. Make it and enjoy!
Recipe (as seen in Laura in the kitchen, modified accordingly)
1/4 cup Vanilla pudding mix
1 cup Semi skimmed milk
1 cup Dark chocolate chips
1 cup Whipping cream
Crushed Oreo cookies
- In a pot, add milk and pudding mix. Cook on medium heat until it thickens. Mix frequently to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl containing the chocolate chips. Mix them thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap making sure the wrap touches the mixture and pop it in the fridge. Let the mixture cool down and set for a few hours.
- Mix 1/3 whipped cream once the mixture is cooled down.
- When ready to serve, layer the mixture followed by some whipped cream and lastly the crushed Oreo cookies. Repeat according to preference.