Thrilled to have an oven in our flat, I am more than ever motivated to take up baking regularly. All the amazing recipes online especially the desserts is enough to occupy my imagination- creating mouth watering dishes. Having been in our home for a couple of days trying to settle in my body clock and the environment, I decided to make a little treat on Friday for both of us.
After an episode of Sherlock, or maybe 5 finally I got into business. A good friend of mine told me before that cooking should come from the heart, put in as much love as you can (hello Danny if you are reading this!). It can’t get any true than that, the journey of cooking and today baking shows how much we care in creating beautiful dishes for ourselves and our loved ones. Being Asian, food is central part of our culture and nothing makes us more happy than whooping up gastronomical satisfaction. I had the privilege to witness my parents and family cook with a lot of love and care, certainly I hope I will take after them.
This beauty looks and taste great. Perfect for a little treat at home and we could even bake them in mini sizes when hosting guests.
It took approximately 30 minutes including prep and cook time. Makes 12 big muffins.
Pancake Muffin Recipe (as seen in Laura in the kitchen, modified accordingly)
1 cup All purpose flour
1 cup Buttermilk
1/4 cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Melted butter
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick olive oil spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix them to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly in the muffin tin and sprinkle the chocolate chips on the batter.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Time to satisfy your sweet tooth everyone. Till next time!